Welcome to an ASMR culinary experience where we will learn how to make a spicy egg drop soup using hobo-inspired cooking techniques. Egg drop soup is a classic Chinese dish that can easily be spiced up with a few simple ingredients. With the added element of cooking over an open flame and a focus on sensory eating, this recipe promises to be a unique and satisfying experience. So, put on your apron, grab your cooking utensils, and let’s dive into this delicious adventure together.
Spicy egg drop soup with hobo-inspired cooking is the perfect meal to warm you up on a cold day. It’s simple, delicious and can be cooked using minimal ingredients and tools. In this article, we’ll guide you on how to make this soup while adding some ASMR experience to it.
To make spicy egg drop soup, you will require the following ingredients:
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili flakes
You will require the following tools to make this soup:
- A large pot
- A spoon
- A bowl
- A whisk
- A camping stove
Follow these steps to cook delicious and spicy egg drop soup:
- Heat the chicken broth in a pot over a camping stove until it starts simmering.
- Mix cornstarch with 1/2 cup of water in a bowl and whisk it until there are no lumps.
- Add the mixture to the pot of chicken broth and continuously stir it until it thickens.
- In a separate bowl, beat two eggs and add salt, pepper, ginger, garlic powder, cumin, and chili flakes to it.
- Pour the beaten egg mixture into the pot of chicken broth and stir until the eggs are cooked.
- Once cooked, you can remove the pot from the camping stove and serve the soup hot.
To add some ASMR experience to your meal, follow these tips:
- Use different tools to add ingredients to the pot, producing different sounds.
- Gradually pour the cornstarch and water mixture into the pot and stir, producing a satisfying sound.
- Whisk the beaten eggs and add spices to it, making soft and gentle mixing sounds.
- Use a ladle to serve the soup into bowls, creating a sound as the hot soup pours into the bowl.
To learn more about hiking, camping, and outdoor cooking, visit Prepared Wanderer’s website, Amazon store, Facebook group, and Instagram account. Additionally, check out their related blog called “Wandering Outdoors.”
- How can I make my soup spicier?
You can add extra chili flakes or cayenne pepper to your soup to make it spicier.
- Can I use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth?
Yes, you can use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth to make a vegetarian version of the soup.
- Can I use something else instead of cornstarch to thicken the soup?
Arrowroot powder or potato starch can be used as alternative thickening agents.
- Can I add other ingredients to my soup?
Sure, you can add sliced mushrooms, green onions, or diced tofu to add more flavor to your soup.
- Can I store leftover soup for later?
Yes, you can store the leftover soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. Reheat it before serving.
Making spicy egg drop soup with hobo-inspired cooking is easy and fun, and adding an ASMR experience to it can make it even better. With a few ingredients and tools, you can cook a warm and delicious soup on your next camping or hiking trip. Don’t forget to use Prepared Wanderer’s tips and links to learn more about outdoor cooking and activities. Happy cooking!