In these unpredictable times, it’s essential to ensure our families are prepared for any emergency situations that may arise. From natural disasters to economic crises, being equipped to handle the unexpected can make all the difference in keeping ourselves and our loved ones safe. With this in mind, it’s crucial to assess our readiness for when the SHTF (shit hits the fan). This reality check will help us evaluate our level of preparedness and take proactive steps towards securing our family’s safety.
Is Your Family Prepared for SHTF? A Reality Check for Today’s Uncertain Times
We’ve all seen disaster movies and TV shows where characters are put into apocalyptic situations where they have to fend for themselves. From zombies to natural disasters, the idea of SHTF (Sh** Hits The Fan) events can be both exciting and terrifying at the same time. However, as fun as it may be to watch these scenarios play out on the big screen, the truth is that disaster preparedness is not just for fiction. It’s essential to be prepared for emergencies that can happen in real life.
In today’s world, where we face so many uncertainties from natural disasters to pandemics, it’s important to ask yourself if you and your family are prepared for SHTF events. If you’re not sure where to start, you’re in the right place. In this article, we’ll help you assess your level of preparedness and provide you with tips to ensure your family’s survival in challenging situations.
Assessing Your Level of Preparedness
Before you start investing in expensive survival gear, it’s crucial to assess your current level of preparedness. You can begin by asking yourself the following questions:
- Do you have a plan in place in case of an emergency, such as a natural disaster or pandemic?
- Do you have enough food and water to survive for at least a week?
- Do you have an emergency kit with basic supplies, such as a first aid kit, flashlight, and radio?
- Do you have cash and important documents, such as passports, stored in a safe and easily accessible place?
- Do you have a network of friends and family to rely on in case of an emergency?
- Have you invested in any survival gear or weapons?
If you answered no to one or more of these questions, it’s time to start preparing for SHTF events.
Essential Items for SHTF Preparedness
To ensure your family’s survival during SHTF events, you need to have certain essentials at your disposal. Here are some essential items that you should have at home:
Food and Water
- Stock up on non-perishable food items that can last for at least a week.
- Store at least one gallon of water per person per day. In addition, you can consider investing in a water filtration system or water purification tablets.
First Aid Kit
- Buy a well-stocked first aid kit that includes bandages, gauze, antiseptic, and pain relievers.
- Ensure that the first aid kit also includes any medications that you or your family members need.
- Invest in a quality survival knife, hatchet, and multi-tool.
- Include a shelter, such as a tent, sleeping bags, and blankets, to keep you warm and dry.
- Purchase a water filtration or purification system to ensure a steady supply of clean water.
- Have a fire starter, such as matches or a lighter, to keep you warm and cook food.
- Buy body armor from Premier Body Armor using coupon code ‘prepper’ for extra savings.
- Invest in a reliable firearm that you and your family members are comfortable using.
- Purchase ammunition and have proper training in firearm use.
Where to Shop for Survival Gear and Supplies
To save money on survival gear and supplies, you can shop at specialized retailers that offer discounts. Here are some retailers that you can consider:
Canadian Preppers Survival Superstore
- Offers premium survival and emergency equipment.
- Use discount code SURVIVALPREPPER for 10% off.
- Provides emergency prescription meds and antibiotics.
Wholesale Freeze-Dried Food
- Offers world-renowned quality freeze-dried food.
- Use discount code ‘CanadianPrepper’ to get it.
- Has a wide range of survival gear, including gas masks, shelters, sleeping systems, water filtration, fire starting, and more.
- The company also offers vetted gold and silver in both Canada and the USA.
Preparing for SHTF events is not as difficult as it may sound. By assessing your level of preparedness, investing in essential items, and shopping at specialized retailers, you can ensure your family’s survival during challenging situations. Remember to always be vigilant, prepared, and ready for anything.
- Can I survive a natural disaster without any survival gear or supplies?
- It’s unlikely that you can survive a natural disaster without any survival gear or supplies. You need to have supplies such as food, water, shelter, and first aid kit to ensure your survival.
- How much water do I need to store per person per day?
- It’s recommended to store at least one gallon of water per person per day.
- How often should I update my emergency kit?
- You should check and update your emergency kit once a year to ensure that all the items are still functional and up-to-date.
- Can I eat any food during a natural disaster?
- You should avoid eating any perishable food items during a natural disaster. Stick to non-perishable items such as canned goods and freeze-dried foods.
- Can I purchase body armor without a license?
- Yes, you can purchase body armor without a license in most states in the USA. However, laws may vary, so it’s essential to check with your local law enforcement agency before purchasing.